OCTOBER 7, 2020
The Indiana Life Sciences Summit drives conversations and provides content on important and timely topics with speakers from Indiana’s life sciences community. The 2020 virtual conference focused on the impact that COVID-19 has had on our life sciences companies, research institutions, and highlighted the critical role that Indiana’s life sciences industry has had on the global health crisis.
We will also heard from companies who have recently relocated to Indiana and awarded the annual Watanabe Life Sciences Champion of the Year.
Indiana Life Sciences VIRTUAL Summit 2020
Wednesday, October 7 2020
Patty Martin, President and CEO, BioCrossroads
How did we get here? An analysis of a new pandemic thus far
Dr. Gail Houston Cassell, Senior Lecturer, Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Senior Scientist in the Division of Global Health Equity, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Boston
How COVID-19 has changed the healthcare and life sciences industries
Dr. Ram Yeleti, Chief Physician Officer, Community Health Network
How Indiana Rose to the COVID-19 Challenge – Leaders from our life sciences companies discuss their role in combatting COVID-19 and how they have been impacted.
- Dr. Kristina Box, Indiana State Health Commissioner
- David Ricks, Chairman and CEO, Eli Lilly and Company
- Rajeev Ronanki, Chief Digital Officer, Anthem
- Matt Sause, President and CEO, Roche Diagnostics
- Pete Yonkman, President, Cook Group
Moderated panel response:
- Tim Garnett, Chief Medical Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
- Marcela Kirberger, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Roche Diagnostics
- Dan Peterson, Vice President, Cook Group, Inc.
- JJ Spegele, Vice President Global Business Transformation, Clinical Trial Testing Solutions, Covance
Moderated by: Andrea Heslin Smiley, President and CEO, VMS BioMarketing
COVID-19 Impact on Indiana’s Research Universities – Leaders from Indiana University, Purdue University and University of Notre Dame talk about research on COVID-19 and how being away from labs impacted other research.
- Dr. Jay Hess, Dean/Executive Vice President for University Clinical Affairs, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Dr. Marie Lynn Miranda, Provost, University of Notre Dame
- Dr. Theresa Mayer, Vice President of Research, Purdue University
Moderated by: Kris Kirschner, Director of Corporate Communications, Community Health Network
Watanabe Award Presentation
DATAX Award Presentation
Why Not Indiana? A panel discussion with Indiana’s newest members of the life sciences community.
- Rob Brown, CEO, Brickell Biotech
- Kevin Haehl, Senior Director Chemical Manufacturing, Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company
- Dr. Joe McCann, CEO, Point Biopharma
- Dave Roberts, Chief Innovation Officer, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- David Topp, Senior Director – Government Affairs, Abbott
Moderated by: Lesley Wiedenbener, Managing Editor, Indianapolis Business Journal