Presentation materials – Sept_Frameworx_2015
This Frameworx session was held on Wednesday, September 16, from 8:00-10:00 a.m. at D’Amore in Indianapolis.
There is a growing nexus between the life sciences and the food and agriculture industries. The link between nutrition and metabolic disease, the challenge of feeding nine billion people by 2050 and increased demand for food safety, specialty food ingredients and functional foods are requiring these companies to pursue new areas of research.
In this environment, Indiana has the corporate and academic resources to be a leader in the development of new products and services that help solve the growing global demand for value-added food and nutrition. Indiana’s strength in life sciences and agbiosciences research present an opportunity to foster collaboration between companies in these industries. Our academic institutions are also pursuing research in the areas of food science, nutrition and human health. One example of these industries converging is the formation of the Indiana Biosciences Research Institute. The Institute will bring leading researchers to Indiana to collaborate with local life sciences and agriculture companies and universities to study metabolic disease.
In this Frameworx session, we’ll hear from thought leaders who are bridging life sciences and food and agriculture research to develop and commercialize new products including:
- Beth Bechdol, President & CEO, AgriNovus Indiana
- Steven Braun, Ph.D., Vice President, Global Research & Development, Operations, Mead Johnson Nutrition
- David Broecker, CEO, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Joe Burch, Director of Research & Development, Clabber Girl Corporation
- Dr. Brian Farkas, Department Head, Purdue University Food Science
- Kay Kuenker, Vice President, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Sustainability, Dow AgroSciences
- Andrew Utterback, Field Agent, Ingredion Incorporated
This session will take place on September 16, 2015, at D’Amore on the 48th floor of the Chase Tower on Monument Circle. Registration and networking begins at 8:00 a.m. followed by the session from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Parking is available in the Chase Tower garage off of Pennsylvania Street or on the street level at parking meters.