A virtual Scientific Frameworx session about new point of care (POC) technologies being studied and developed and how COVID-19 is impacting POC diagnostics.
To say our lives are being disrupted right now is an understatement. COVID-19 has changed the way we live, work and play. It also has changed the way we conduct research and develop new technologies. It has forced us to work faster. It has compelled us to scale quicker. It has pushed us to think differently about manufacturing.
During this panel discussion you will hear from local scientists about the disruption happening in POC diagnostics. They will talk about new technologies, how COVID-19 has changed the way they approach research and development, and the need for further POC disruption to find a way to better mass screen the population.
- Moderator: Dr. Michael Pugia, Investigator and Director, Bioanalytical Technologies, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Dr. Steve Wereley, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- Dr. Shreyas Sen, Associate Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Purdue University
- Dr. Frederique Deiss, Assistant Professor in Chemistry & Chemical Biology, IUPUI
- Dr. Jacqueline Linnes, Marta E Gross Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University,
You will leave this conversation with knowledge of new POC technologies, tips for thinking about manufacturing during the research process rather than waiting for after, and insights into how to scale testing and production.